Whenever an investor wants to benefit from the Investment Code he has to file an application for authorization with the ANAPI who will, for their part, submit the file accompanied by an advice to the Ministry of Planning and to the Ministry of Finance after thoroughly examining the application. After submittal, a decision has to be given within thirty working days in absence of which the authorization is deemed granted. In case of refusal, the negative decision has to be motivated.
In order to facilitate the implementation of new investments in the DR Congo, a "one-stop shop", called Guichet Unique, was created within the ANAPI to provide several services to investors. Within the Guichet Unique, services from the following Ministries or agencies can be obtained: the Ministry of Economics, the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications, the Ministry of Foreign Commerce, the Ministry of Transportations, the Ministry of Employment, DGRAD, DGI, OFIDA, the Real Estate Title Agency, the Directorate General of Migration, the commercial Court of Appeal's registry, and the National Office. Thanks to this "one-stop shop", investors are able to fulfil, at one central agency, all requirements for creating a new company or business.
- To Invest in the Cement Sector
- To Invest in the Air Transport Sector
- To Invest in the Mining Sector
- To Invest in the Banking Sector
- To Invest in the Telecommunications Sector
- To Invest in the Forestry Sector
To Invest in the Cement Sector
Fill in an application form at Mining Land Registry (Department of Ministry of Mines), in order to obtain the license for quarry exploitation ;
Submit a file which should include the following elements :
For corporate applicants :
- The notarized charters of the company ;
- The New Trade Register (NRC) ;
- The National Identification Number.
For individual applicants :
- Copy of identity card/ passport ;
- 1 passport photograph.
- Details + map of the area to be purchased ;
- Evidence of financial capacity that should include :
- Bank certificate;
- Extract of bank account;
- Choice of domicile towards a recognized officer in mining (only for foreigners).
- Submission fees of quarry file: US$ 0.12/ square requested.
To Invest in the Air Transport Sector
- Send a written request to obtain a license to use the public air transportation to the Ministry of Transport and communication routes with a copy to the Civil Aviation Authority (AAC);
- Establish a file for submission to the Higher Council of Civil Aviation with a copy to the Civil Aviation Authority including the following guarantees :
- Moral components :
- New trade register ;
- National identification ;
- Bank statement ;
- Affiliation with the INSS ;
- List of staff;
- Curriculum Vitae and work contract of staff ;
- Job description for each service manager.
- Financial component :
- Evidence of a banking provision of at least USD 500,000
- Technical component :
- Infrastructures :
- Physical address of the company ;
- Flying machines ;
- Documents of the aircraft :
- Certificate of Registration ;
- Certificate of Airworthiness (country of origin);
- License of Radio station ;
- Certificate of registration in New Congolese registry (in case of foreign registration) ;
- Leasing contract (in case of foreign registration) or purchase invoice ;
- Weight cards ;
- Complete list of radio equipment ;
- Minutes of last check.
- Infrastructures :
- An investigation of compliance by the experts of the AAC on the site of the investment at a cost of USD 1000 and USD 50/ day per person to be paid to the AAC.
- The Higher Council of Civil Aviation meets for analysis and contra-expertise before submitting the case to the sanction of the Minister of Transport and Communication Routes for the signing of the decree of user License.
- The issuance of the user license is done against payment of USD 1500.
To Invest in the Mining Sector
Two possibilities are provided to any investor who wishes to invest in the mining sector in DR Congo : either he works in partnership (joint venture) with the enterprises which already hold mining concessions or he directly applies to the mining land registry to get his own concession.
When applying for a permit, whether it would be for exploration or exploitation purposes, the applicant has to follow a general procedure of application.
Mining and Quarrying
The normal application procedure is one of "first come first serve". The application file must include an application form, duly completed and signed the applicant.